Saturday, February 27, 2010

I have what i believe to be a rare john horsewell oil painting but its an old english scene is this right ?

the painting is of a man on a horse in a country setting, all the paintings i have seen are of seaside images or french style country side. is this an earlier style ? a fake? or something all together different?I have what i believe to be a rare john horsewell oil painting but its an old english scene is this right ?
I too have a John Horsewell English country scene showing two oast houses next to a river. It is nothing like the contemporary JH pictures that are shown on the internet.





I do not believe it to be a fake as the signature is identical to those shown on the contemporary paintings. I do have some history of this picture and I know that it is at least 20 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment