Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have an oil painting by Maria Callous/ How do I find out if its authentic?

Also what it might be worth?I have an oil painting by Maria Callous/ How do I find out if its authentic?
If she spells her last name that way in the signature, I say it's a forgery.I have an oil painting by Maria Callous/ How do I find out if its authentic?
museum, gallery, or art department of your state's university, a curator or instructor worth their salt ought to know such things. (not some strip-mall art school. state college/university professor)
You can take the painting to a dealer or auction house to have it authenticated and valued, but if it is signed by Maria Callous it is a joke and probably not worth much.





If instead it is by Maria Callas the singer, it might be better to have an auction house value it than an art dealer.
I recommend taking it to an auction house, or an art gallery. Find someone, or somewhere, that specializes in oil paintings, and is familiar with the artist's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment