Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oil paint out of fur?

um this is rather sad and funny at the same time....





i went outside to get the eggs and i came back in....my akita Romeo came bounding up to greet me....only he was blue...





turns out he opened the door (it doesnt shut because the house shifts) and well i had been making a painting for my brothers wedding....it had alot of lakes in it....





any ideas on getting oil paint out? i tried some oatmeal shampoo because he has very sensitive skin but no luck excess colors came off but not the main stuff....Oil paint out of fur?
Dish soap cuts oil. Goo gone removes paint.





Either one of these may work. Regular shampoo will NOT.Oil paint out of fur?
vaseline. basiclly its diluted peroleum cause u cant put pure petroleum on ur dog. but petroleum gets anything out. and i have a very nosyy clumsy dog tht has gotten into paint of all kinds. last year it was wall paint. he was orange. my dog is natturally white it camme right out with vaseline or you can use dawn dish soap! =] eaither one. works great.umm i use both whenever my dog gets into paint. i prefer dawn the othwers dont work and this brand dosnt cause a allergic reaction on my allergenic pooch. =]
Well i bet that made for an interesting day. Try using vinegar and maybe a little water. I got oil based paint on my white carpet once and that got it all out...they also have chemical removers but you definitely don't want to use that on a pet. Vinegar should do the trick, i hope it helps!
I'm not sure what to use really because my dogs never had paint all over them except some edible paint which was washable. Did you manage to find anything to get it off?
The back of the paint should tell you what should work.
try washing him with Dawn.
Use Baby oil.. and use some cotton wool to wipe it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment