Thursday, February 25, 2010

Looking for oil painting restorer in South Carolina?

I have an old oil painting my grandmother painted. The painting is more than 75 years old and is looking very dark and dirty. There are also a few scratches and a hole in the canvas.





I live in South Carolina. Does anyone know of a nearby restorer that could make this painting look like new again?Looking for oil painting restorer in South Carolina?
Oh yeah, nice... some guy from china. shipping would be inexpensive, i'm sure (not).





Off the top of my head, I'd contact a local museum, or a large gallery - ask them for reputable sources for someone who's experienced in art restoration. Surely there's sources that they use on a regular basis. Who knows, you might get someone who works at the museum and does private work on the side.





There's always the yellow pages, but then you don't know what you're getting. Best to get a recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment