Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where can I buy decent priced oil paints?

I鈥檓 an art student so I need them. And I鈥檓 broke almost all the time so thought I鈥檇 people of yahoo before I buy them just to see if I find any good deal?


ThanksWhere can I buy decent priced oil paints?
I always found good deals at Jerry's Artarama....they have a bunch of high quality art supplies at wholesale prices. You can order online, or by mail and they have stores as well. Here's the website:





http://www.jerrysartarama.com/Where can I buy decent priced oil paints?
if you are broke try water color man i use the same it difficult than oil but it gives a great effect something that oil paint can never get





and buy basic six shades...both artist colours and student colours are available , more over you dont need canvas, water color paper is much cheaper . when you have learnt enough you can buy oil paints and canvas .OIL paints are much easier to handle than water colors so you wud not face any difficulty in using them once u have used watercolors
Best deals are always found online.


So it doesn't matter where you live in the world. Most companies ship anywhere via UPS.


As for cheap sites with good variety, I use ';Cheap Joes art stuff.';


They always run specials and have a very good selection to choose from. As also mentioned; ';Jerrys'; is also another great online site.
www.greatart.co.uk is great or look at SAA the society for all artists online as they do a magazine and discounts on art stuff. I got all my stuff from them when I was starting out. Good luck. Also if you are near it try Cass art in Kensington high street if they are still there the sales are fab.
There's a sub brand of Windsor %26amp; Newton oil paints called WINTON...they make student artist quality paints...they're dryer than the professional paints but wisll suffice for learning.


Get those in any art store.
You can buy oil paints for cheap from http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search?ie=UTF鈥?/a>
You might try Jackson's, think it's


jacksonart.co.uk or jacksonsart.co.uk


they do a good range of oils at varying price levels.


See if you can hunt down a supplier of Spectrum paints (if they,re still operating).
try Michaels or A.I. Friedman. they have a big selection of top of the line paints and inexpensive paints.
You may try some area stores. My area has Crafts 2000 and Hobby Lobby. They have good sets that should met your needs okay with minimal expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment